Valorant Episode 4 Act III Battlepass Details including new operator Fade and her abilities
Here’s everything we know so far about Valorant episode 4 Act III including the battlepass details as well as the abilities of new operator Fade.
For starters, Valorant Episode 4 Act III is scheduled to drop April 27, 2022 and as mentioned earlier will bring a new cycle for the battlepass and new character named Fade.
The Battlepass key features includes:
- Free Highlights:
- Ragna-Rock Out Buddy
- Look Behind You Spray
- UltraBright Torch Buddy
- Yellows on Rails Player Card
- Coalition: Cobra Frenzy
- Paid Highlights:
- .SYS Vandal
- .SYS Axe (melee)
- Hue Shift Phantom
- Hue Shift Shorty
- Backseat Coaching Spray
- Terrible Day for Rain Spray
- Unstoppable // Phoenix Player Card
- Deep Divisions Buddy
Check out the weapons too…
And yes, as mentioned earlier, we will be seeing the new operator, Fade.
According to Riot Games, Fade was created to act as a counterpoint for Valorante operator Sova. This Turkish bounty hunter, Fade, unleashes the power of raw nightmares to seize enemy secrets. Attuned with terror itself, she hunts targets and reveals their deepest fears—before crushing them in the dark.
According to designer Nicholas Smith:
The intent is to create a competitor to Sova that plays out differently. Fade brings recon to a personal level, more potent in a localized area (doesn’t have mapwide potential like Sova). We wanted to keep the player close to the action and always in-body. So that meant no posessible utility or different states of being (i.e., Drone/Wolf/Astral Form) Also wanted to have a recon character that was less reliant on line-ups.
What did you take inspiration from / any notable concepts you wanted to convey with Fade?
From an ability perspective, we took inspiration from Camille’s ultimate from League of Legends for Seize (Q) as well as the development naming of the character, “BountyHunter.” Seize was the sort of “bola strike” or gotcha moment to us when you’ve cornered the prey and want to ensure they can’t escape. I think it can be used in a multitude of ways, but producing a trail, and seeing where the enemy has run and then capture them is the dream play.
I noticed that bounty hunters often had animal companions, and since we had trails as a key component of the character, we needed a piece of utility that could clear angles for you with some safety, as trails in themselves don’t threaten an opponent holding an angle. The prowlers came from the idea of having a hunting partner that they could clear angles for you so you can follow up and actually follow those trails. I took a good amount of initial inspiration from Metal Gear Solid 5’s diamond dog companion
Any unexpected challenges or novelty stories you’d like to share when designing Fade?
How the trails would work alongside a lot of other Agent utility was definitely a challenge to figure out. When enemies would teleport via ability or Bind teleporter what do we do? How would the trails actually get to their target (we had versions that started from Fade but felt that gave up a lot of synchronous information), how much visual noise to account for when all five were trailed, and how to best make this readable when there were many on screen.
Here are her abilities so far…
- Equip a nightmarish entity. FIRE to throw the orb which will plummet to the ground after a set amount of time. Upon hitting the ground, the orb will turn into a nightmarish entity that will reveal the location of enemies caught in its line of sight. Enemies can destroy this entity. RE-USE the ability to drop the projectile early in-flight.
- Equip an orb of nightmare ink. FIRE to throw the orb which will plummet to the ground after a set amount of time. Upon hitting the ground, the ink will explode and create a zone in which enemies who are caught in it cannot escape the zone by normal means. RE-USE the ability to drop the projectile early in-flight
- EQUIP a Prowler. FIRE will send the Prowler out, causing it to travel in a straight line. The Prowler will lock onto any enemies or trails in their frontal vision cone and chase them, nearsighting them if it reaches them. HOLD the FIRE button to steer the Prowler in the direction of your crosshair.
- EQUIP the power of Fear. FIRE to send out a wave of nightmare energy that can traverse through walls. The energy creates a trail to the opponent as well as deafens and decays them.
What do you think of these new updates? Leave a comment below and follow me on Twitter at @thefanboyseo for more geek and gaming news and updates!