Mobile Legends: Bang Bang approaches its seventh anniversary debuting a new look
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang switches things up with a new logo, in lieu of its seventh anniversary
- Lolita’s skills to be revamped in the upcoming patch, in line with the Eruditio lore
- Main screen UI interface to be changed into a more immersive and interactive experience for players
SINGAPORE, 8 September – The second phase of Project NEXT launches today in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang! Debuting a fresh new look, the popular mobile online battle arena hits its seventh anniversary this September, with an all new season experience and graphic upgrades for players to enjoy.
A whole new look befitting of the new lore
The new logo reflects a fresh and diversified image of the seven-year game still widely played by international gamers worldwide. Whether you’re a hardcore MOBA fan or a casual player, there’s something for everyone in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang with its various game modes, including Magic Chess, Brawl, Arcade, or Rank battles. The new logo reflects the many changes the game has undergone throughout the years, including the new Eruditio lore released this June, and is part of the graphics and art update. More details on the expanded storyline can be found at the appendix section.
Fresh changes to beloved heroes
Graphic and skill upgrades will be issued to the following Eruditio heroes – Layla, X.borg, Bruno, Johnson, Lolita, followed by Miya (non-Eruditio hero). For instance, Layla’s steampunk look has been reflected in a brighter outline, complete with a school outfit in line with the Eruditio lore and her high-tech weapon. The same follows for Lolita’s weapon, where her hammer showcases the Noumenon Energy Core at the center instead.
Lolita’s skill revamp will take into effect in the upcoming patch, focused around the theme of “protection” – to make sacrifices for her team mates to ensure certain victory!
Her full skill revamp details are as follows, and more details can also be found in this video as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQ5oYp7gDU:
Skills Overhaul (Close to final, not all skills are mentioned)
|Before||After (Please note that the localisation information provided is near final, does not include % or base stat|
|Charge! (Skill 1)||Power Charge:
The animation and effects for the skill has been optimised, and can now be used in conjunction with her second skill without interruptions. This helps Lolita become more agile in fights
|Guardian’s Bulwark (Skill 2)
Lolita raises her shield to block all incoming ranged Basic Attacks and Projectiles from the target direction.
Use Again: Lolita launches a blast of energy in the target direction that explodes on the first enemy hit, dealing 300–500 (+50% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies in the explosion range. Each blocked attack increases this damage by 35% (up to 210% damage increase).
Reflects long-ranged projectiles / attacks instead of merely blocking them. Her shield will break upon taking a certain amount of damage
|Noumenon Energy Core (Passive):
After not taking damage for 5 seconds, Lolita gains a 400 (+40 × based on Hero Level) shield for 20 seconds.
Allied heroes who approach Lolita within the next few seconds will also receive a shield regardless of status.
|Noumenon Energy Core (Passive):
Provides a shield for herself and all allied heroes within a set range, regardless of status at regular intervals.
|Noumenon Blast (Ultimate)
Lolita gains the shield from her Passive effect and begins channeling, slowing enemies in a fan-shaped area by 75%. After channeling for 2 seconds, Lolita slams her hammer on the ground, dealing 350–650 (+100% Total Physical Attack))–700–1300 (+200% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies in the same area and stunning them for 2 seconds. Use Again: Lolita stops channeling and immediately slams her hammer on the ground.
|Noumenon Blast (Ultimate)
Lolita’s Ultimate now no longer requires full channeling to stun enemies, but stun duration and damage output is based on channeling duration
|Tips||Longer channeling time resonates in higher damage output and longer stun duration for Lolita’s Ultimate.|
Apart from Lolita, Johnson players can also expect a skill revamp to be done in the upcoming patches. As S29’s story unfolds at Eruditio, greater emphasis is given to the heroes that are based there, and hence, Johnson’s skill revamp will take place in the upcoming patches to provide a consistent seasonal experience. Please refer to the near-final changes for Johnson’s ultimate below:
|Before||After (Please note that the localisation information provided is near final, does not include changes for Johnson’s Skill 1 2, or his Passive)|
Johnson transforms into a car, accelerating over time. An allied hero can board the car during the acceleration phase, however there is a waiting state upon activation of the Ultimate (prior to accelerating)
|Johnson immediately gains acceleration upon activation of his Ultimate
Once Johnson starts driving and gets within 20 yards of his team mates, team mates will receive notification such as, “Johnson is [x] m away from you.”
When Johnson is within 6 yards from his team mates, the notification will turn into a button, and party members are required to tap the button to get into the car.
|Tips||If Johnson is your party member, there will be an option for you to notify the player, including the message: “Calling Johnson for a ride.”
If the enemy team is using Johnson, there will be a message to notify you that: “Johnson is approaching, watch out.”
Refreshed UI changes to the game
The main screen UI enables players to interact with a seasonal hero of their choice (this season will feature the aforementioned Eruditio heroes only, e.g Layla), and learn a little about their characteristics, unique storylines, and even secrets! With this addition, there will be more hero voice lines (including Lolita and Johnson’s upcoming skill revamps).
This doesn’t apply to the main screen but post-match, too. Depending on the outcome of the battle mode, the selected character will issue out different kinds of praises or encouragement to players, even if you’re an MVP or SVP! Players can also unlock new voice lines or interactions as they continue to use their chosen hero, which will in turn, also unlock bonus scenes. There are four layers of bonus hero interactions – can you unlock them all?
New seasonal heroes will be featured in the main interface for upcoming patches. This season, Layla will be showcased as the first Mobile Legends: Bang Bang hero for novices. She acts as an instructor to help guide the newbies in their MLBB journey and to help familiarise them with some of the instructions and controls. This function serves to provide an immersive experience for all players and will not affect in-game performance. In the upcoming patch, players can expect reduced packaged resources to operate the game, streamlined multi-threading, and upgraded technical performance (dependent on the player phone model).
- MLBB Esports – https://www.youtube.com/c/MLBBeSports
- MLBB Global – https://www.youtube.com/c/MobileLegends5v5MOBA
- MLBB-Indonesia – https://www.youtube.com/c/MobileLegendsBangBangIndonesia
- MLBB-Philippines – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QyDSID3tQBDRxMnfcfFiA
- MLBB-Malaysia – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_6aI67MD3l7uIY4CsqvfpQ/videos
- MLBB-Cambodia – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AO5MJxx4tBCh5nlMkYoEg
- MPL-Philippines – https://www.youtube.com/c/MPLPhilippines
- MPL-Indonesia – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1dGHGJTXU_dkiR8tW3qQgg
- MLBB-Global – https://www.facebook.com/mobilelegendsgame
- MLBB-Esports – https://www.facebook.com/MLESPORTS
- MLBB-Indonesia – https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameIndonesia/?ref=your_pages
- MLBB-Philippines – https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsOnlinePH
- MLBB-Malaysia – https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameMalaysia
- MLBB-Singapore – https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameSingapore/
- MLBB-Vietnam – https://www.facebook.com/MobileLegendsGameVN/
- MPL-Indonesia – https://www.facebook.com/mpl.id.official
- MPL-Philippines – https://www.facebook.com/mplph.official
- MPL-Malaysia – https://www.facebook.com/mplmy.official/
- MPL-Singapore – https://www.facebook.com/mpl.sg.official
- MPL-Cambodia – https://www.facebook.com/gaming/MPL-Cambodia-112153038222597
- Mahar Esports – https://web.facebook.com/maharesports
- MLBB-Global – https://www.tiktok.com/@mlbbttofficial
- MLBB-Esports – https://www.tiktok.com/@mlbbesports_official
- MLBB-Indonesia – https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegends_id
- MLBB-Philippines – https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendsphofficial
- MLBB-Malaysia – https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendsmy
- MLBB-Singapore – https://www.tiktok.com/@mobilelegendssgofficial
- MPL-Indonesia – https://email@example.com
- MPL-Philippines – https://www.tiktok.com/@mplph_official
- MPL-Malaysia – https://www.tiktok.com/@mplmy
- MPL-Singapore – https://www.tiktok.com/@mplsingapore
About Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is the most popular mobile Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game worldwide that brings communities together through teamwork and strategy. With over one billion installations and 105 million active monthly users, the award-winning game is among the top 10 most played in over 80 countries. With an extensive reach across the Asia Pacific region, the multiplayer is available in 139 countries with an expansive global esports presence.
About Mobile Legends Esports
Established in 2017, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Esports serves as a platform for players to pursue their dreams of becoming esports athletes and illuminate opportunities within the international esports ecosystem. MLBB Esports has since expanded to multiple leagues, including the MPL series hosted in Southeast Asia, Middle East and Latin America.
About MOONTON Games
Established in 2014, MOONTON is a global video game company dedicated to gaming development, publication and esports. With more than 1500 employees worldwide, the company operates offices in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Latin America, Hong Kong and mainland China. It has successfully launched a number of high-profile mobile games globally and has built long-term relationships with governments and esports organizations in more than 30 countries around the world. Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is its current star game and the leading mobile multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game worldwide.