Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: DISTORTION Launches Today, Debuts New Mobile-first Legend
The introduction of ‘Rhythm Slinger’ Rhapsody Leads a Booming New Update Including New Map, Hack Game Mode, Fresh Ranked Season, Limited Time Modes and A Stocked Battle Pass! Download the Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 today!
EA and Respawn Entertainment are pleased to announce that the Season 2: Distortion update for Apex Legends Mobile is launching today for players in all regions where the game is available. Hot on the heels of the Cold Snap mid-season update, which saw the return of fan-favorite Loba, Season 2: Distortion will mark the debut of the second mobile-first legend Rhapsody, a rhythm loving DJ with a cute but deadly AI-controlled helper bot named “Rowdy”. Along with the introduction of Rhapsody, Season 2: Distortion also features some other major new content including a new map, a new mode, and the mobile debut of fan-favorite map and the home to Skull Town: King’s Canyon.
A trailer was released today to preview and celebrate the Season 2: Distortion update:
Just under two months from launch, Apex Legends Mobile has already begun rolling out major mobile-first content upgrades that are the first steps in a content-packed roadmap. Key features of Season 2: Distortion include:
- Pythas Block 0: A beautiful mobile-first Team Deathmatch map, Pythas Block 0 is a corporate campus owned by Pythas Inc. that sits high above the city Kómma on Solace.
- Kings Canyon: The King is back! To celebrate the launch of Kings Canyon on mobile, Rhapsody placed some VIP Tickets for her next concert on the map for players to find.
- Gun Game: Acquire kills to work your way through the extensive Arsenal of guns available in the Apex Games. Most points, or three melee kills wins in this fast paced game mode!
- Hack: In this mode, two teams face off as Hackers vs. Defenders. There is an ADS Satellite with an orbital cannon that has been built overlooking the playing field.The Hacker team works together to hack one of the two sites on the map to gain points. After three points have been attained, the Satellite will punish your opponents by frying them to a crisp. As defenders, your job is to stop the hackers at all costs!
New Legend: Rhapsody
- A DJ from Kómma where the tech giant Pythas Inc. controls all, Rhapsody has used her love of music to rise out of the dangerous nightlife district: Neon Dunes and become one of the hottest Legends on the Apex scene. Her mother, a brilliant AI engineer who created Rhapsody’s companion bot Rowdy, had a checkered history with Pythas, and now Rhapsody competes in the Apex Games under their banner. Rhapsody has a number of perks and abilities including:
○ Passive: Gifted Ear – Picks up and visualizes sounds from an extended range.
○ Tactical: Hype Anthem – Play a powerful track that speeds up nearby squadmates and recharges shields. Taking damage will end the effect.
○ Ultimate Ability: Rowdy’s Rave – Rowdy projects a wall of flashing lights that blocks incoming sight and scans.
- Legend Progression Perks:
○ Volume Control – Squadmates affected by your Tactical temporarily gain Gifted Ear.
○ Sound Bleed -Occasionally see nearby 3D sound visualizations effects through walls.
○ Tuned In – Continuous running increases the range of Gifted Ear.
○ Reverb – The more squadmates your Tactical affects, the longer it lasts.
○ Harmony – Your Tactical increases the speed of revives and the effect of healing items.
○ Rowdy’s Rhythm – During your ultimate, squadmates standing near Rowdy reload faster.
- Town Takeover: Encore Galore – The carrier Encore Galore has arrived at Kings Canyon painted tip to tail with neon paint almost as loud as Rhapsody’s music. Land on Encore Galore of awesome loot and a chance at finding a VIP pass
- Rhapsody LIVE: Complete challenges in game to earn special Rhapsody posters to commemorate this brand new Legends arrival in the Apex Games!
- Conqueror of Kings: Explore Kings Canyon and complete missions in specific locations of the map to obtain rewards!
- Club Showdown: Gather your club members and rise to the top of the club leaderboards by completing objectives! Show your club pride and rack up points to be able to redeem special prizes. The higher your ranking, the better the rewards!
- New Distortion Seasonal Shop
- New Battle Pass
- First Time User Experience Updates
In addition to all this great new content coming to Apex Legends Mobile, players can expect a host of improvements, updates and re-balances to weapons, game modes, the ranking system and more. A full list of updates, including bug fixes can be found in the patch notes here.
Apex Legends Mobile is a strategic battle royale game that features a unique twist on the Legendary character-based gameplay, best-in-class squad battles and fast-paced combat that cemented the game’s place as one of world’s top shooters, all in a mobile package.
For more information on Apex Legends Mobile please visit: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/apex-legends-mobile