Huawei Matebook D15 Review
Here’s my Huawei Matebook D15 Review which is now out in the market and takes the convenience and everything cool about the Matebook D15 with this latest release!
Honestly speaking this laptop is on top of its game when providing both business needs and personal needs. The specs are great for the price point and the little new stuff that Huawei integrated here makes it the king of all-around notebooks in the market!
Design and Portability
Huawei has taken out some of the unnecessary stuff for the new Huawei Matebook D15 and turned into into a super light notebook perfect for both work and play. Its arounf 1.56 kilograms and 16.9mm thin.
It’s so thin and light that I just put it on a laptop sleeve to protect and and it fits my EDC or Every Day Carry bag so nice.
The Matebook D15 also sports a durable aluminium body which was also treated with “anodic oxidation” to make it toughter and more durable regardless if you pick out one of the two colors available for this namely the Space Grey or the Mystic Silver model.
Both models are also sandblasted to give a good nice finish to it.
The Huawei MateBook D15 brings back the Fullview Display and comes with a 15.6-inch Full HD Display. The resolution is pretty legit too at 1920×1080. This also features 16.9 aspect ratio helps make your viewing experience even better.
The screen also features 5.3mm narrow bezels for both the top and sides of the screen.
Its also got a nice screen-to-body ration of 87%.
The Huawei Matebook D15 also comes with an 11th gen Intel processor which has a four-core, eight-thread CPU which means its extremely good at multi-tasking and you can definitely see that when its able to easily switch between multiple windows whether you’re busy with work or playing or doing both. You also don’t have to worry about the notebook heating up because the good folks at Huawei designed a cooling system they refer to as the HUAWEI SHARK FIN FAN. Connectivity is never an issue too because the notebook features dual antenna and can support up to Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Interconnectivity and Synergy with other Huawei products
The Huawei Matebook D15 is a testament to how much Huawei is dedicated to building an ecosystem for their products. This notebook features PC Manager, their software that conveniently connects your Huawei devices which even lets you turn your laptop into the brain for your operation.
Plus there’s the seamless cross-device experience at your fingertips.
Better security with built-in fingerprint scanner
The Huawei Matebook D15 also sports a very cool power button/ fingerprint scanner.
At first glance you’ll think that the Huawei Matebook D15 doesn’t have a camera because it’s absent in where its supposed to be. But a quick scan of the keyboard and you’ll see that they have this cool hidden button with the camera icon; one click and viola, the camera is there!
Having a recessed camera also provides an extra security for you; blocking out the chance of potential hackers accessing your webcam and spying on your activities when you least expect it. Pretty neat if you ask me.
Port of No Return
The Huawei Matebook D15 comes with a neat number of USB ports for you to use. There’s a total of 3 ports plus one USB-C which circles back to Huawei’s goal of giving interconnectivity with their products. Check out the positioning of the ports.
Charging and Battery
As mentioned earlier, the Matebook D15 also features a USB Type-C port which is what they use to charge up the notebook. With this unit you can say “toodles” to the classic laptop charger. Now it honestly looks more like a smartphone charger; one that’s a little bigger than most. I liked the charging speed for the Matebook D15. Another great moment where I’m thankful that smartphone producers are now making laptops because some of the tech makes its way into the laptop. A 15-minute charge can give a total of two hours.
Oh and the charger’s pretty light too, weighing around 160grams.
Huawei Super Device
PC-smartphone Super Device Pairing
• The HUAWEI smartphone is transformed into an external drive connected to the HUAWEI MateBook laptop, allowing for saving, transferring, and direct editing of files across devices.
• The smartphone interface is displayed on the HUAWEI MateBook’s screen, enabling the simultaneous use of two systems in one screen, while up to three mobile apps can be opened on the HUAWEI MateBook.
• Audio and video calls to the smartphone can be received by the HUAWEI MateBook.
• PC-tablet Super Device Pairing
• When Mirror Mode is available, the HUAWEI MateBook laptop’s screen can be replicated onto the HUAWEI MatePad.
• When Extend Mode is available, the HUAWEI MateBook’s display can be extended to the HUAWEI MatePad as a second screen.
• When Collaborate Mode is available, selected text, images, and files may be shared between two devices with a simple drag-and-drop. The HUAWEI MatePad can also be interacted directly with the HUAWEI MateBook’s keyboard and mouse.
• PC-monitor Super Device Pairing
• Supports pairing with HUAWEI MateView, enabling users to seamlessly switch between Mirror and Extend Modes.
• Both the monitor and HUAWEI MateBook support a 3:2 aspect ratio, ensuring seamless display projections whether in Mirror Mode or Extend Mode.
• Also supports Huawei’s Cast+ protocol, including safe connection, fast reconnecting, imperceptible low latency and high-res display.
• Peripherals connected to the HUAWEI MateView can also be used to navigate and input into the connected laptop.
Display Size: 15.6 inches
Screen-to-body ratio: 87%
Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 141 PPI
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Viewing angle: Approx. 170° (Typical)
Colour: 45% NTSC (Typical)
Contrast: 800:1 (Typical)
Maximum Brightness: 250 nits (Typical)
Appearance Dimensions (H × W × D): 16.9mm x 357.8mm x 229.9mm
Weight: approximately 1.56kg27
Colour: Mystic Silver, Space Grey
Operating System Windows 11
Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
Graphics Intel® Iris® Xe
Hard Drive 256GB/512GB NVMe PCle SSD
Buttons and Ports Fingerprint Power Button
2-in-1 3.5mm earbuds & microphone
USB-C x 1
HDMI x 1 (port specification: HDM1.4b)
USB 2.0 (USB-A) x 2 (maximum power output is 5V/1.5A)
USB 3.2 Gen1 X 1
Wi-Fi 2X2 MIMO, Wi-Fi 6
Bluetooth Bluetooth 5.1
Camera Recessed Camera: 720P HD
Battery 42Wh (rated capacity)
Power adapter HUAWEI USB-C Power Adapter 65W
• Input: 100 V–240 V AC, 50/60Hz
• Output: 5V/2A, 9V/2A,12V/2A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A
Support multiple output modes, and quick charge for different devices, and
HUAWEI SuperCharge™ for certain phones
HUAWEI PC Manager
Display Manager (Eye Comfort Mode)
In-box Accessories PC x 1
USB-C Power Adapter x 1
USB-C cable x 1
Quick Start Guide x 1
Warranty card x 1
Bluetooth mouse and HUAWEI Backpack
So there you go! Will you be getting the Huawei Matebook D15? Leave a comment below and follow me on Twitter at @thefanboyseo for more tech news and updates!