DC Comics announces DC Swimsuit Variant Covers for a number of books including Batman, Harley Quinn and more
It looks like DC Comics is taking a leaf out of Marvel’s classic gimmicks as they will be releasing a special set of DC Swimsuit variant covers as revealed by the August 2022 solicits done by various artists like Artgerm on selected books like Supergirl, Batman and even Black Adam!
And in case you’re new to comics, this is just a way to commemorate a gimmick which was big back in the day and DC Comics sure knows how to fire up their target audience. Here are the books and the corresponding DC Swimsuit Variant Cover as well as the artists who worked on those covers.
- Action Comics #1046 by Stanley “Artgerm” Lao
- Batman #126 by Mikel Janín
- Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #6 by Rafa Sandoval
- Black Adam #3 by Emanuela Lupacchino
- Catwoman #46 by Jeff Dékal
- Deathstroke Inc. #12 by David Lapham
- Harley Quinn #21 by Megan Huang
- Nightwing #95 by Nicola Scott
- Nubia: Queen of the Amazons #3 by Derrick Chew
- Poison Ivy #3 by Joëlle Jones with Jordie Bellaire
Which of these fantastic DC Swimsuit variant covers will you be getting? I preordered the Action Comics variant and will be getting the Catwoman and Nubia variants as well. Maybe I’ll pick a Nightwing cover and do a giveaway. Let’s see.
Follow me on Twitter at @thefanboyseo!