Overwatch Summer Games 2020 Now Live!
Blizzard Entertainment has revealed new details for the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 which is now live and ready for update online!
First, check out the trailer for the limited-time event:
Here’s what to expect from the game for their summer event.
NEW GAME MODE – LUCIOBALL REMIX
· This is a faster, more chaotic, multi-ball version of Lucioball.
· There are normally 2 balls in play throughout the match. If one gets scored, it respawns after a brief time.
· Bonus balls are periodically spawned and are worth 3 points.
· Players are not reset when a goal is scored. You keep playing.
· Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 10-point lead.
· Busan is getting new pillars and surfaces for more wall-riding opportunities.
· Sydney is getting a ton of jump pad surfaces, and more wall-riding opportunities.
UPDATES TO LUCIOBALL
· You can now crouch while midair to lunge down to the ground.
· Lucio’s cooldowns are much shorter.
· Lucio’s boop and punch range are increased.
· Lucio moves a little faster.
· Jump pads launch players a little higher.
· Added gamepad rumble to goal-scoring moments.
· Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 5-point lead.
· These can be completed in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade for limited-time sprays, player icons, and an epic skin on top of standard earnings normally received for playing Overwatch.
· Week 1:
o Win 3 Games | Baseballmari Player Icon
o Win 6 Games | Union Jack Spray
o Win 9 Games | Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
· Week 2:
o Win 3 Games | Golfmari Player Icon
o Win 6 Games | Sand Castle Spray
o Win 9 Games | Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
· Week 3:
o Win 3 Games | Surfimari Player Icon
o Win 6 Games | Ice Cream Spray
o Win 9 Games | Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
This year’s Summer Games includes 5 new Legendary Skins (Tropical Baptiste, Lifeguard Pharah, Feskarn Brigitte, Karate Doomfist, Surf’s Up Echo), and 3 new Epic Skins.
Aside from Weekly Challenge rewards, new cosmetics also include 2 highlight intros, 1 emote, 3 poses, 7 player icons, and two sprays.
You can learn more when you visit official Overwatch website at https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/summer-games/
Follow me on Twitter as well at @thefanboyseo for more Overwatch and gaming news and updates!