WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS: What Modern Vampires Want You to Know
Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi’s What We Do in the Shadows was a cult hit when it came out a few years ago. The movie was shot documentary-style and followed three vampires living together in Wellington. The mockumentary showed how the vampires co-existed with humans and other undead creatures in modern day cities. They were surprisingly open about their lifestyle to the documentary crew, resulting in a candid, hilarious, and occasionally gruesome film.
The What We Do in the Shadows television series follows a new set of vampires: Nandor the Relentless, Laszlo Cravensworth and his wife Nadja, and Colin Robinson — an energy vampire. This time in Staten Island. After an unexpected visit from their dark lord and leader, they’re reminded of their mission, why they were first sent to New York in the first place: total and complete domination of the New World. But while they are at it, here are some of the things that they want you to know:
- They love to party, but you need to invite them into your house or club before they could come in.
- Fashion is important to them, it’s just hard to put an outfit together when you can’t see yourself in the mirror.
- Blood from virgins are always preferable, but they’re harder and harder to find these days.
- Should you want to be their familiar, just send them your resume. Don’t call them, they’ll call you.
- Familiars don’t get paid, but they will be turned into vampires and be granted immortality as a reward for their servitude… eventually.
- They’re just like regular people who live together in a house. Except they’ve been housemates for more than a century.
Catch this highly anticipated comedy mockumentary series on FOX+ starting May 30. You can download the FOX+ from the App Store and Google Play Store. New subscribers get a free 30-day trial.
About Fox Networks Group Asia
FOX Network Group Asia (FNG) is 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business. FNG develops, produces and distributes more than 300 wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. FNG’s core channel brands include FOX, FOX Sports, FOX Life, FOX+ and National Geographic. FNG’s movie channels include FOX Movies, FOX Action Movies, FOX Family Movies and SCM (formerly Star Chinese Movies). Non-linear brands include FOX Play, FOX Play+ and Nat Geo Play. These networks and their related mobile, non-linear and high-definition extensions, reach over 1.8 billion cumulative households worldwide. In addition, FNG owns and operates two production studios and produces thousands of local programing hours for its wholly owned channels and third parties. In 2017, FNG launched FOX+, the on-demand streaming app for watching the best in entertainment on the go. FNG has been in operation since August 14, 1993.
Follow me on Twitter @thefanboyseo