SDCC 2016 – First Concept Art for Spider-Man: Homecoming
For Marvel’s Hall H appearance, fans were treated to a few minutes of Spider-Man: Homecoming delight as the company unveiled the first concept artwork for the film.
The film, which will be coming out in July 2017, will star Tom Holland as Spider-Man/ Peter Parker. He returns to the role after his brief appearance in this summer’s Captain America: Civil War and still dumpster diving, still that quirky fellow we quickly fell in love with in Civil War.
The concept art also gives us a closer look at the film’s main villain – The Vulture. Rumor has it that the former ‘Batman’ and ‘Batman Returns’ star Michael Keaton is set to play the baddie Adrian Toomes aka The Vulture. But it hasn’t been confirmed yet. We gotta wait till either SXSW or NYCC.
Here are the things we know so far coming out of Comic Con:
- There’s already an early footage that’s been shown featuring Peter Parking looking at some holographic projection of Spider-Man’s face.
- Principal photography is now commencing in Georgia.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts describes the film as a ‘high school movie with a 15 year old kid going through life in middle school.
- A teaser has been released featuring high school images of MCU stars Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Evans. We see Peter hanging out with friends, girls talking about the superhero crushes. There’s a girl who admits that she’s in love with Spider-Man followed by a scene where Peter Parker (Tom Holland) freezes during gym class.
- This bullet point is for the end of the teaser which features the Vulture quickly descending from overhead.