Top 11 things on Spider-Man: Far From Home. No spoilers as usual..
Our dear contributor, JP Icaro aka the Salaryman, returns to give us his Top 11 things on Spider-Man: Far From Home which stars Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Zendaya and Jake Gylenhaal. It’s now showing in theaters!
1. Some movies suffer the curse of the sequel, some sequels does not measure up to is predecessor then again this is a Marvel movie we’re talking about. So it’s safe to assume that Far From Home does not let us down, is some ways it’s better than Homecoming. Why? Read on..
2. Read the comics please so that we could feel the plot twist churn and stagger like a knife in the back. MCU Spider-Man movies have a knack for twisting their stories to the fullest potential.
3. Speaking of potential, Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is as awkward a loser with an unlucky streak. Want to know just how unlucky this guy is? Like in the comics, Peter has big responsibilities like saving the world, getting the girl and paying the rent all at the same time while not getting caught with his pants down. Who here can relate?
4. Ned is always the life of the movie.
5. Jake Gyllenhaal’s portrayal of Mysterio is now my favorite MCU scene.
6. Aunt May. Nuff said.
7. There’s a saying that “You Should Never Meet Your Hero.” That’s what rang to me all throughout the movie. Spider-Man’s idol is, as we all know is Iron Man, and he tries to live up to his memory/legacy but again as mentioned in #3 he’s unlucky. You’ll see what he’ll do here and all I can say is: “When the Going get tough, the Tough gets going.”
8. 2 after credits scenes.
9. I miss Stan Lee’s cameos 😞
10. What’s Marvel’s answer after the Avengers: Endgame? A Teenybopper movie across Europe with invading monsters, a guy in a fishbowl helmet, Men In Black guys and a kid with Spider powers trying to live up a legacy. The movie will not disappoint fans and newcomers alike – if there is still any.
11. The movie is 10 out of 10.