World’s First Columbia Pictures Theme and Waterpark to Open in Thailand called Aquaverse
Columbia Pictures just announced that they would be building their very own Theme and Waterpark called Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse in Thailand!
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Amazon Falls announced today that they have closed a deal to develop the 14-acre prime location in the seaside town of Bangsaray, – located 20 minutes from Pattaya and 90 minutes from Bangkok, to open the world’s first Columbia Pictures theme and waterpark, “Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse.”
Watch the announcement video at YouTube: https://youtu.be/nS8MJ9LvUQ4
With rides and attractions to begin opening from October 2021, Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse will be a unique theme and water park and entertainment destination for Thailand and visitors from around the world, featuring state-of-the-art rides and newly themed attractions that will bring to life beloved characters from some of the most successful, world class movies from Hollywood, including Ghostbusters, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Men in Black and Hotel Transylvania.
Catering to visitors of all ages, the park will encompass eight highly themed and immersive zones with an incredible range of both water and land-based attractions and include an exciting program of live shows, immersive entertainment, interactive props, unique sets, themed restaurants, as well as specialty merchandise and retail locations.
- Men in Black Thrill Rides –Aquaverse’s most thrilling rides and attractions can be found here, including hair-raising water coaster rides, one of which has a 12-meter free-fall ride that sends you careening down a MIB Wormhole.
- Ghostbusters Supernatural Experience– Step into the Ghostbusters portal and zip across ghost traps as you glide down a water coaster with your best friend or dare to enter the world’s first and only fully-enclosed water dome in a family raft ride
- Bad BoysRaceway – Experience the thrill of the chase and put the pedal to the metal around our new outdoor go-kart tracks in a neon Miami themed racecourse.
- Jumanji Jungle Adventure –Brave the world of Jumanji through wild jungle themed water slides, visiting Jaguar Mountain while being chased by Mandrills before plunging into Jumanji’s splash pool!
- Hotel Transylvania Kid-Friendly Zone –Aquaverse’s biggest water park attraction featuring over 100 water features, splash buckets, water rockets and more!
- Surf’s Up in Surfer’s Paradise –Surf a mighty wave and show us what you’ve got on the exhilarating water park attraction with our dual Flowrider!
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Swallow Falls River Adventure –Take a break from the day’s thrills by touring the Aquaverse along the lazy river and meet the amazing Foodimals featured in the hit film.
- VIVO Wave Pool –Relax in a giant wave pool inspired by the upcoming animated musical. The wave pool zone is the ideal venue when hosting music events and live shows, where celebrity artists and world-class international DJs will take to the stage.
“We are delighted to be teaming up with Liakat Dhanji and Amazon Falls on launching Sony Pictures’ first theme and water park and are inspired by his vision of creating an immersive entertainment destination for Thailand. Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse is the next step in Sony Pictures’ larger global strategy to grow and expand location-based entertainment by utilizing its strong global film and TV brands. We are creating opportunities for all audiences around the world to immerse themselves deeper into our stories through water parks, touring exhibitions, and theme park attractions,” said Jeffrey Godsick, EVP of Global Partnerships and Brand Management and Head of Location Based Entertainment at Sony Pictures Entertainment.
“Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures’ breadth of global content, technology and talent leadership will be invaluable in creating a fully immersive experience that will bring curiosity and wonder to a global audience. The launch of Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse represents a first step in what we envision to be a broader collaboration that will pioneer the future of an integrated entertainment destination as part of the EEC’s smart city. Alongside our unique rides and attractions, we look forward to forging new partnerships with top accommodation, technology, retail and F&B partners as we curate an unmatched lifestyle experience that will resonate with all our visitors,” said Liakat Dhanji, CEO and Chairman of Amazon Falls Co. Ltd., owners and operators of Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse.
“We are proud to welcome and commit to give our full support to Sony Pictures Entertainment and Amazon Falls Company Ltd. in Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse which is poised to set new standards for immersive entertainment in the EEC, Thailand. The project is going to play a key role in reshaping the growth dynamism in the EEC. The theme park will be a key component in our EEC Smart City development plan, and EEC will provide our full support, including 5G services and other infrastructure, digital technology, transit links, and partnership with clean energy and investment promotion package to ensure the success of the project and help create a long-term sustainable development in the EEC,” said Dr. Kanit Sangsubhan, Secretary-General, Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).
About Amazon Falls
Thailand-based attractions developer Amazon Falls Co. Ltd. is the owner of Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse, the world’s first Columbia Pictures theme and waterpark, created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment. In 2021, Amazon Falls is completely reimagining their world class waterpark located in Bangsaray Bay, Pattaya, Thailand, transforming it into a fully immersive entertainment destination with extensive upgrades in retail and dining facilities, new attractions and expanded facilities. Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse is anticipated to reopen with a phased rollout in October 2021 and a soft opening scheduled for 2022.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. Sony Pictures Television operates dozens of wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies around the world. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, Sony Pictures International Productions, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html