Zack Snyder Justice League post-credit scenes explained
Today we’re doing a Zack Snyder Justice League post-credit scenes explained post. The film is set for release on HBO Go and HBO Max and stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa and Ray Fisher.
I already did a Snyder Cut Justice League review so now its time to get down and dirty with all the juicy spoilers from that film starting with ALL the big ones at the end. The ones that COULD warrant a movie down the line but Warner Bros may not do it anymore. Well, its still too early to call that as a fact. Maybe the positive response could change the WB execs. Maybe it won’t. Who’s to say.
Also before you scroll down, the obligatory SPOILER ALERT.
Lex Luthor and Deathstroke redux
This scene plays out pretty much the same:
- Authorities discover that Lex Luthor (played by Jesse Eisenberg) has escaped Arkham Asylum and has put a dummy in his place.
- We see Deathstroke on a boat joining a yacht in the middle of the sea
- Lex greets Slade Wilson (played by Joe Manganiello) and offers a drink, Deathstroke declines
- Lex offers slade membership to the Injustice Gang/ Legion of Doom to counterbalance the newly formed Justice League.
- Slade says “no”
- Luthor reveals the identity of the Batman to Deathstroke, saying that its none other than Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck)
- Deathstroke likes what he hears. Goes back on his initial answer and takes that drink with Luthor.
This is an entirely new sequence which Snyder definitely took the time to shoot with the cast.
- There’s a swarm flying overhead complete with Apokolips’ warships and parademons. They seem to be headed deeper into a desolate city. They pass by an abandoned road with cars littered around the place.
- When the swarm pass, Batman signals his team to come out of hiding.
- This team consists of Cyborg, The Flash, Mera and Deathstroke.
- They plan their next course of action with Mera questioning Batman and his lack of connection to death but somebody talks off-screen.
- It’s Jared Leto’s Joker.
- Joker talks about how Batman knows death and loss very intimately. He mentions the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne as well as the murder of Robin.
- Batman retorts by saying that he also knows death like how Harley Quinn died in his arms and he promised to avenge her death and kill Joker SLOWLY.
- Joker reveals that Batman needs him to reset what has happened to their world, and only he knows how to correct the mistakes he did with “her”.
- This was also the scene that reveals the Joker card which is a symbol of their truce.
- Superman arrives and the team gets ready.
- Cyborg is armed to the teeth with new weapons including a shoulder-mounted minigun
- The Flash gets ready and wears his armor
- Everything fades to black and Bruce Wayne wakes up back at his home in the Wayne estate.
Martian Manhunter arrives
- Bruce wakes up and gets a surprise visitor in the from Martian Manhunter, earlier revealed to be General Swanwick.
- Manhunter informs Batman that he will be joining Batman and the League as they prepare for the invasion
- He also formally introduces to Bruce as the Martian Manhunter and says that he’ll be in touch.