New Details for Resident Evil 8 including the Werewolf’s role
Yes, there’s a werewolf in Resident Evil 8 and its not just a creature Capcom decided to put in, rather it has an integral role for the main characters Chris Redfield and Ethan Winters.
These new details came from an interview with Resident Evil 8 producers Tsuyoshi Kanda and Peter Fabiano by Famitsu magazine.
- Chris Redfield brings new protagonist Ethan Winters to the village
- Ethan initially isn’t aware how long has passed since he was brought to the village.
- There’s also a photo of villagers praying on the werewolf which we saw in the announcement trailer. It looks like this creature is a deity for the people living in the village.
- There’s also a mysterious villager in a trench coat which will be selling items ala Resident Evil 4’s merchant.
- There are multiple werewolves that Ethan needs to deal with in the game. These creatures will also have a pack mentality which means one of the bosses would have to be an alpha male.
- These enemies can also carry weapons
Check out the second trailer for Resident Evil 8 which was recently released.
The trailer opens with a brief appearance from Chris Redfield, and while it’s light on gameplay, it’s big on atmosphere. The creepy vibes are carried by an unnerving story about a girl and her mother. “Long ago, a young girl went with her mother to pick berries for her father who was hard at work,” says Mia, the wife of returning protagonist Ethan Winters. “But the forest greeted them with a dark, cold silence, the bushes empty. Determined to find the berries, the rascal broke free of mother’s grasp and vanished into the trees. Mother’s worried cries faded fast as the girl ran on, over vine, under branch, and into the forest deep.”
Follow me on Twitter at @thefanboyseo for more gaming news and updates!