Here’s everything you need to know about the Playstation 5 and the PS5 Digital Edition!
The console wars is definitely hitting a new benchmark with the official release of details for the Sony Playstation 5 including the release date for the console and the price!
The massive reveal from Sony was held on September 16 and here are most of the important details from the show.
- The PS5 would be released on November 19 all across the globe.
- There will be two versions available on that release date namely the Playstation 5 and the Playstation 5 Digital Edition.
- The Playstation 5 plays discs and features ” Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive” and is around $499.
- The release date of November 12 will be for seven select markets in the world namely – the U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. It’s November 19 for the rest of the world.
- Titles that will be coming out on the same day as the console includes Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War and Demon’s Souls.
- Prices for games for the PS5 can range anywhere between US$49.99 to US$69.99
And check out the official press release for the product:
SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept 16, 2020 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced launch date and price details for its highly anticipated next-generation videogame system, PlayStation®5. SIE also revealed new updates to the PS5™ game portfolio, including Final Fantasy XVI, Fortnite, Hogwarts Legacy, and a new God of War title.
On November 12, PS5 will launch in seven key markets: the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea. The global rollout will continue on November 19 with launches throughout the rest of the world*, including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa. The PS5 Digital Edition will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $399.99/¥39,980/€399.99, and PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray™ disc drive will be available for an RRP of $499.99/¥49,980/€499.99. Pre-orders will be available starting as early as tomorrow at select retailers.
Both PS5 models use the same custom processor with integrated CPU and GPU for high-fidelity graphics up to 4K, as well as the same ultra-high speed SSD with integrated I/O that will deliver lightning-fast loading. Both PS5 models also offer a deepened sense of immersion through the DualSense wireless controller and 3D audio capabilities, so players will enjoy the same transformative gameplay experiences regardless of which PS5 they choose.
“Since we first announced our next generation console last year, we have received astounding support from developers and gaming fans all around the world, and it’s truly humbling,” said Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “Now we are just a couple of months away from launching PS5, which will offer a new generation of experiences that go beyond players’ expectations of how games can look, feel, sound, and play. We can’t wait for our fans to experience for themselves the incredible speed, the heightened immersion and the breathtaking games on PS5 when we launch this November.”
Adding to its growing games portfolio, SIE today unveiled several new games coming to PS5, including:
- DevilMay Cry 5™ Special Edition (Capcom)
- FinalFantasy XVI (Square Enix)
- FiveNights at Freddy’s Security Breach (Steel Wool Studios and ScottGames)
- HogwartsLegacy (Warner Bros. Games)
- Anew God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)
With titles such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and Demon’s Souls, the breadth of unique gaming experiences coming to PS5 represent the best lineup in PlayStation history. Exclusive titles from SIE Worldwide Studios will be priced at launch from US$49.99 to US$69.99 (RRP) on PS5.
To support the PlayStation®4 community as they transition to the next generation when they’re ready, SIE will launch PS4™ versions of a few exclusive titles: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.
In addition, SIE today revealed the PlayStation Plus Collection**, a curated lineup of PS4 games that defined the generation, which will be available to PS Plus members to download and play on PS5. The PS Plus Collection features critically acclaimed games, including Batman™ Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more.
SIE also announced the price for the following accessories that will launch alongside the PS5 console:
- DualSense™Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones
- HDCamera– with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
- MediaRemote– to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense™Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers
For more information, please visit: https://www.playstation.com/ps5
*Availability in each country subject to local import regulations. PS5 launch date for China is still under exploration and will be announced at a later date.
**Availability of PlayStation Plus Collection titles may vary by country. The Plus Collection is not available in China.
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios
Astro’sPlayroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
Demon’sSouls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
DestructionAllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
Marvel’sSpider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
Marvel’sSpider-Man:Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
SackboyA Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)