Dell Technologies Sets New Standard for Unlocking the Potential of Data with PowerScale Storage
- PowerScale storage systems bring together the best in Dell EMC server hardware and storage software to help customers manage file and object data in core data centers, edge locations and public cloud
- PowerScale OneFS operating systemintroduces new software capabilities, including enhanced data reduction technology, S3 object access and support for Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Dell EMC DataIQ software helps organizations discover, understand and act on unstructured data across private and public cloud storage
Dell Technologies (NYSE: DELL) announces Dell EMC PowerScale, a new family of storage systems engineered with industry-leading storage software and server hardware to set a new industry standard for how organizations capture and capitalize on unstructured data, such as documents, images, videos and social media content.
“The amount of unstructured data enterprises store as file or object storage is expected to triple by 2024, and there are no signs of it slowing,” said Dan Inbar, president and general manager, Storage, Dell Technologies. “In this data era, businesses need a simple, seamless and cost-effective way to store and use unstructured data to innovate, create differentiation and bring products to market faster. The Dell EMC PowerScale family provides the foundation companies need to unlock the potential of their data, no matter where it resides, and use it to drive meaningful business impact.”
“Organizations across Asia Pacific and Japan are looking for their unstructured data storage solutions to do three things well – be scalable, manage the increasing growth of data volume as well as data types and finally, handle data well, no matter where it lives,” said Jay Tuseth, General Manager, Unstructured Data Solutions, Asia Pacific, Japan & China, Dell Technologies. “The Dell EMC PowerScale storage portfolio is designed to address our customer needs and enable them to fully unlock the potential of their data by offering simplicity at any scale, handling any unstructured data, be it across data centres, at the Edge or in the cloud, and providing intelligent insights that are drawn from their data as well as their infrastructure.”
The leader in enterprise storage unlocks the potential of unstructured data
Dell EMC PowerScale runs on the next generation of OneFS, the operating system best known for powering Dell EMC Isilon. The PowerScale family features new 1U PowerEdge-based PowerScale all-flash and NVMe nodes and existing Isilon all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes running the PowerScale OneFS 9.0 operating system.
The PowerScale family delivers up to 15.8 million input-output operations per second (IOPS) per cluster, offering the performance that customers need to handle demanding AI, analytics, IOT, digital media, healthcare and life sciences workloads. New all-flash PowerScale F200 nodes bring up to five times more performance than its predecessor. Enhanced inline data reduction makes the platform up to six times more efficient.
Simplicity at any scale
PowerScale can start small and grow to massive, petabyte-scale while remaining simple and easy-to-use:
- Scale without disruption: PowerScale clusters can scale from 11TB raw capacity to 60PB and millions of file operations without disruption or costly downtime for customers. Nodes can be added to either PowerScale or an existing Isilon cluster in just 60 seconds.
- Intelligent automation: With smart scale-out capabilities, PowerScale distributes resources effectively so that customers can get the most performance out of a cluster.
- Resilient and efficient:Through flexible failover policies, PowerScale delivers up to 85% storage utilization across a cluster and can sustain multi-node failures.
- Programmable infrastructure: With support for a number of leading management and container orchestration frameworks, such as Kubernetes, and Ansible, customers can streamline application development and reduce deployment timeframes.
Dell Technologies makes it easy for customers to understand their data and storage infrastructure health through software included with PowerScale:
- Put data to work: The introduction ofDell EMC DataIQ software helps companies extract business value from unstructured data, typically uncategorized and found in siloes throughout businesses. DataIQ breaks down data siloes by delivering a single view of file and object data across Dell EMC, third-party and public cloud storage. Users can gain better control over their data, ensure the right teams have access to it, and make the most of their investment by ensuring data is stored on the right tier within their storage environment.
- Proactive health monitoring: Dell EMC CloudIQ infrastructure monitoring and analytics software combines machine learning and human intelligence to provide customers with real-time performance and capacity analysis as well as historical tracking for a single view of Dell EMC infrastructure.
Any data, anywhere
PowerScale supports a wide variety of file protocols and customers can easily deploy it to meet their infrastructure needs:
- Any application: PowerScale OneFS 9.0 features broad multiprotocol support, including new S3 support for modern apps relying on object storage. Additional support for protocols including NFS, SMB and HDFS, allow customers to run a large number of traditional and modern applications without compatibility concerns.
- Deployment flexibility: PowerScale is easily deployed in core data centers, in edge locations or as part of a multi-cloud strategy. The compact 1U footprint and minimum cluster size of new all-flash F200 and NVMe F600 PowerScale nodes make it an ideal option for edge deployments.
- Multi-cloud support: PowerScale for Multi-cloudcan directly connect to all major public clouds as a managed service – ideal for customers looking to move or deploy demanding apps in the cloud. Google Cloud customers looking to save time and management complexity can choose Dell Technologies Cloud PowerScale for Google Cloud, a native cloud service that combines the performance, scale, and consistent experience of PowerScale with the economics and simplicity of Google Cloud.
- Dell EMC PowerScale OneFS 9.0, PowerScale nodes and DataIQ are now generally available globally
- Visit this webpage for more information: Dell EMC PowerScale
- Blog: Unlock the Potential of Unstructured Data with DataIQ
- Connect with Dell via Twitter