Understanding various facets of PPC management should provide enough reasons for outsourcing the service
Although you might have some idea about PPC marketing, knowing where to start and how to manage campaigns is very important before you take the plunge. Pay per click or PPC marketing revolves around advertising on the internet to drive traffic to websites as opposed to generating organic traffic by depending on search engines. As advertisements are highly effective in drawing the attention of the audience, it is natural that marketers who take to PPC must pay for every click that happens on the ad they publish online.
Brands rely heavily on Google AdWords, which creates effective customer engagement with brands and is a highly preferred marketing channel. Marketers who want to develop new customers with positive ROI speedily would find Google Ads most attractive. But implementing and managing PPC campaigns requires expertise in the field because the apparently simplistic method of marketing can be quite deceptive when it comes to managing it for driving it in the right direction.
To start a PPC campaign, you must first create a budget and then implement the campaign under the expert guidance of a professional PPC management company. Like SEO, PPC is also a full-time engagement, which is also a reason for outsourcing the service. The scope of PPC is huge, and the company you engage will look after several activities that include keyword analysis, competitive analysis, channel strategy a lot more together with monitoring, and A/B testing.
Scope of PPC management company
- Keyword analysis– Closely tracking search trends and search queries together with more research conducted across the platform helps to discover specific keywords used by leads related to the business.
- Channel strategy– The PPC management company is responsible for creating a channel strategy to choose the channels for advertising. From Google AdWords to Bing Ads and paid social media placements as well as affiliate networks, there are many channels to consider for publishing ads to bolster the PPC campaign.
- Competitive analysis– What your competitors are doing must be under your close watch, which the PPC management company will do on your behalf. Through continuous surveillance, they would keep on the strategies and tactics that competitors implement. The information should help to decide whether to bid on the same queries and compete for it or identify queries that competitors are overlooking and target those.
- Monitoring– By monitoring the reports related to search terms, it is possible to identify the most often used keywords and queries in order to focus the buys on the most common searches. By keeping an eye on overall ROI and using it as a guideline to work out a plan for ad buys on the most common searches.
- Negative match– Controlling spending is a huge task in PPC management, and it is important to optimize spending by filtering out users in various categories that have the lowest possibilities of converting. This could entail making the ads visible to users based on their contribution to the company’s revenue.
- Split testing– To optimize return on investment in PPC campaigns, the PPC management company will continuously carry out split testing or A/B testing. Trying out different variables like text, graphics, and other displays, should help to find the most effective method.
Managing PPC does not only consists of the activities listed above but identifying the key areas of application to get the most from the campaign.
Goals should be data-driven and realistic
The first step in implementing a PPC campaign is to know the key business metrics and benchmark the campaign against the most important metric. Secondly, you must have realistic expectations so that you remain highly optimistic without losing sight of the ground realities. This is extremely important to set the goals of the campaign that are realistic too.
- Increase purchase volume– If you are selling anything online, then increasing the purchase volume by driving more traffic to the website should be one of the most important targets that you can set.
- More leads– Lead generation is important for all kinds of businesses offering professional services and high-ticket items in B2B. The target of PPC campaigns will be to track the visitors closely to convert them into qualified leads for nurturing into customers or clients.
- Brand awareness– PPC is effective for new businesses as well as those that want to stay at the top of the charts in the respective niche in the area of building brand awareness. However, the brand-building exercise is an offshoot of the other goals which are central to the PPC campaign.
To make the campaign effective, you must optimize the campaign and create a structure for it.
- Create multiple campaigns to assign dedicated campaigns for specific areas like creating separate campaigns for branded terms, another for competitor terms, and the third one for your various products.
- Creating ad groups helps to club ads together and points to which ad will accompany which keywords. For example, you can create ad groups for every product that you want to include in the campaign.
- Optimizing the ad copy should help to attract users searching for the relevant keywords. Besides including the keywords in the headline, including the elements of social proof, benefits, and the urgency to convert it into action should also help.
Moreover, you must create specific landing pages for all campaigns and keep measuring the campaigns with the help of analytics.
Be ready to spend early
To test what works for the campaign, you must spend some money at the beginning of the campaign without being selective. To read the pulse of the market, you must cast a wide net over the first 30 days and be ready to bear the cost of testing the waters. The data gathered in the process will help to create long term strategies.
Once you create long term strategies, your job is to optimize the campaigns for long term success. Bolster your PPC strategy with new campaigns, target keywords, and ad groups. Keep testing the assets continuously to boost performance. Remember that you can optimize every stage of your PPC campaign that ensures greater success.