ICYMI The Wildstorm Universe is Coming Back to DC Comics in 2017 with The Wild Storm
I hate myself for not updating you folks about this story when it first came out but I’m trying my damnest to make up for it. So yeah, in case you missed it, the Wildstorm Universe is coming back in the DC Universe in 2017 in a book called The Wild Storm and its being led by a familiar character from The Authority, The Engineer aka Angela Spica.
Here’s the solicit for the comic book:
THE WILD STORM #1
- Written by WARREN ELLIS • Art and cover by JON DAVIS-HUNT • Variant cover by TULA LOTAY • 1:50 variant by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS • 1:100 pencils-only variant by JIM LEE
- Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.
- A troubled woman, barred by her employer from continuing her research, walks miserably through New York City. It takes her a moment to notice that everybody else is looking up. A man has been thrown from the upper floor of the Halo skyscraper. And that woman—Angela Spica, sick from the transhuman implants she’s buried in her own body—is the only person who can save him. What she doesn’t know is that the act of saving that one man will tip over a vast and secret house of cards that encloses the entire world, if not the inner solar system. This is how the Wild Storm begins, and it may destroy covert power structures, secret space programs and even all of human history.
- New York Times best-selling writer Warren Ellis (TRANSMETROPOLITAN, RED, THE AUTHORITY) returns to DC to curate Jim Lee’s WildStorm world, with this debut issue resetting the WildStorm universe with new iterations of Grifter, Voodoo, the Engineer, Jenny Sparks and others.
- “I couldn’t be more excited to see these characters that are so near and dear to me reintroduced under the guiding hand of Warren Ellis. WildStorm represents an incredibly fun and exciting period in my career, and I can’t wait to see what Warren and Jon have in store for fans in February.”—Jim Lee, DC Comics Co-Publisher
- On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+
Think of the title as the “New 52” version of the Wildstorm universe with a title that’s a playful derivative of the actual brand of comics from the 90s and early 2000s. Warren Ellis knows his Wildstorm so we’re 100% confident that we’ll be getting good stuff. We’re hearing a lot of good stuff from DC’s current volume of Apollo and Midnighter so all is well.
Also what we all would give to have an ongoing WildCATS book with Jim Lee doing both the covers and interior art. Remember the failed book with Grant Morrison as writer and Jim Lee as artist?