First ‘Casualty’ in Avengers No Surrender Part 3 [Avengers # 677 Spoilers]
It looks like we’ve got ourselves an Avenger casualty in this week’s Avengers # 677 which also happens to be Avengers: No Surrender part 3.
This issue’s written by Mark Waid, Al Ewing and Jim Zub and features the art of Marvel Young Guns 2018 Pepe Larraz.
So in this issue, we see the Avengers survive an attack on their mansion by the Black Order who appeared last issue.
And it was all thanks to the returning “founding member” Voyager.
Throughout the issue we learn that:
- Beast and Wasp are working to save Jarvis
- Jarvis is struggling to fight on even with his injuries
- The Grandmaster and a mysterious figure are the ones playing the game that involves Earth
- Grandmaster picked Earth
- Mystery villain has sent both the Lethal Legion and the Black Order to Earth
- Iron Patriot discovers two alien pillars of energy in Peru and Rome.
- Rogue leaves behind Quicksilver because of trust issues she has with him and the Unity Squad
- Doctor Druid and Scarlet Witch stay behind to remove the freeze that has taken over members of the Avengers
- Quicksilver runs away and joins the fight just in time to see Cannonball being the last member standing against the Lethal Legion.
- He then freezes up unexpectedly…
While he may get pummeled by the Blood Brothers, I don’t think he’s biting the bullet. He’s too important a character and very heel-ish for the Uncanny Avengers to just die like this.
What do you guys think? Should Quicksilver die already or this is just a cliffhanger and he gets a save at the first few pages of Avengers # 678 aka Avengers: No Surrender part 4.