Entertainment Weekly Unleashes the Fury of the Dark Phoenix with Sophie Turner Cover for X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Simon Kinberg’s directorial debut in X-Men: Dark Phoenix is slowly turning towards the right direction and while it’s still 11 months before the release of the film, Entertainment Weekly already has us fans going gaga over their cover featuring Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner as Jean Grey aka the titular Dark Phoenix.
First, let’s check the Entertainment Weekly X-Men: Dark Phoenix cover featuring Jean Grey.
… still not enough? Here’s another one.
- What’s interesting are the additional information that Kinberg provided in his interview with EW.
- The X-Men in this movie are pretty much the team we met at the end of X-Men: Apocalypse namely Cyclops, Storm, Mystique, Beast, Jean Grey, Quicksilver and Nightcrawler.
- The X-Men are media darlings and national heroes.
- Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) suffers from pride in this movie as he keeps on sending the X-Men to deadlier missions
- After they’re dispatched to space for a rescue mission, a solar flare hits the X-Jet and the surge of energy ignites a malevolent, power-hungry new force within Jean (Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner)— the Phoenix.
- Jessica Chastain, plays an otherworldly shapeshifter who comes into contact with Phoenix.
- There’s a lot of sacrifice and a lot of suffering.
- It’s also the most sinister, and somber, chapter in the saga and includes a massive twist halfway through that will irrevocably change the course of the franchise.
So it looks like another X-Man dies in this movie, adding to the massive bodycount this franchise has when it comes to character deaths. Plus it looks like Jessica Chastain isn’t Lilandra as what we originally posted.