The ASUS Zenfone Selfie Lets You Bring your Selfie A-Game
At Computex 2015, Asus has revealed more details about the ASUS Zenfone Selfie. Is this worth the hype?
First off, let me just say that selfies are not evil. It’s pretty actually. That being said, Asus knows that we have our vain moments and has set out to dish out a phone that will work wonders for our selfie obsession – the ASUS Zenfone Selfie.
Specs after the jump.
The smartphone was revealed by ASUS design center director Jen Chuang who started the presscon with “I know I’m not the only narcissist in this room,” followed by laughter across the hall.
Again, this is perfect for the “Geek Lifestyle” as it utilizes the already existing “Beautification” mode from the Asus Zenfone 2; in fact, you’re pretty much good with the the Zenfone 2.
The Asus Zenfone Selfie will be a great entry level phone for smartphone users who are well into selfie-mania. Here are the main selling points for interested parties:
- Beautification mode for the front AND rear cameras
- A new and exclusive “selfie button” at the back for convenient selfies
- Zenmotion changes “C” motion to “S” motion to activate front camera
- 13 megapixel camera for the front AND rear (as opposed to Zf2’s 5 megapixel front camera)
Other selling points for the Zenfone Selfie include:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 3000mAh battery
If you’re also wondering what the colors it will ship out in, the colors include Pure White, Chic Pink, Aqua Blue, Glacier Gray, Sheer Gold, and Glamour Red. Lastly, the phone will have variants to chose from ranging from RAM (2GB or 3GB) to internal memory (16GB or 32GB) but most will have dual sim capabilities.
Will be sharing more news on the Asus Zenfone Selfie but personally, I won’t be getting it mostly because I’m really happy with my Zenfone 2. Who knows, maybe I could even giveaway one zenfone in the near future.